January 30, 2018 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
International Trade rules and procedures can be extremely complex, and just one mistake can cost your business or department thousands of pounds. Why not avoid that catastrophe with a modest investment in our international training?
As import and exports increase and the volume of products moved between different countries is looking to grow further into the future, more clarity on protection for both parties in a transaction is becoming more important.
This Customs Procedures training course is provided to ensure that international trade organisations import and export their goods both cost-effectively and in full legal compliance.
Customs Procedures is suitable for organisations who are either new to international business or who are experienced but would like to refresh their knowledge, such as staff from purchasing, finance and operations departments.
This morning course precedes the afternoon course “Incoterms” as part of a back-to-back International Trade training day.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
- Have an understanding of the role of HMRC, rules of origin and Intra EC trade.
- Have an understanding of customs procedures and the UK trade tariff.
- Which organisation regulates the rules of trade between nations?
- Understand the role of HMRC.
- Understand what wholly produced goods means.
- Understand when an exporter would issue an EUR1 form?
- Be able to explain what free circulation is.
- What is an Authorised Economic Operator?
- Understand your VAT responsibilities with regard to Intra-EU trade.
- What documents can be used as proof of removal of goods from the UK.
- Understand a basic customs entry process and the information used and provided.
- Understand the key pieces of information on a customs entry and what they mean.
- Why it essential is that goods are classified correctly and whose responsibility is it?
- Understand what an EORI is and CPC code.
- How to work out the VAT and Duty to be applied to your import.
- Understand Inward Processing Relief
- Sources of Information
About The Trainer:
Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx, has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. Since 2004, Jeff has worked as a Trainer for the Institute of Export and the Chambers of Commerce, delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade.
Jeff has an MBA from Manchester Business School, in Global Sales and Marketing Strategies and is a CPD certified trainer for the Chamber of Commerce.
Does the course date/time/location not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, contact us about bringing the training to your facility at a time and date that is most convenient to you!