- This event has passed.
HR FORUM: Equality Diversity & Discrimination
July 13, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
This HR Forum will focus on the Equality and Diversity guidelines that all organisations, employee representatives and HR professionals need to be aware of. We will discuss the different types of discrimination – including the nine protected characteristics – and sharing good practice that you can adopt and promote within your organisation in light of recent changes brought about by the Equality Act
We will feature ACAS, legal, and HR advisors to speak to the practical best-practice methods for proper Human Resource management in an ever-changing work climate. A Question and Answer panel will follow the micro-training sessions along with one-to-ones for interaction with other HR professionals and Managers.This forum and network is always open to HR professionals, business owners, managers or anyone with a responsibility for any aspect of HR in your business.
We are delighted to partner with Chamber member Runshaw College who will provide a light breakfast and refreshments along with a perfect atmosphere for networking opportunities and one-to-one discussions before and after the presentations.
- 8:15-8:30 – Registration and Check-in
- 8:30-8:50 – Breakfast HR Professionals Networking
- 8:50-9:00 – Introductions & Overview
- 9:00-9:25 – John Huckstepp, A Blank Canvas Micro-Training
- John will take a look at why managers should know better, why they don’t, and the duty on organisations to ensure that staff are trained on their policy.
- 9:25-9:50– Roger Spence, Harrison Drury Solicitors Micro-Training
- 9:50-10:15 – Michele Piertney, ACAS Advisor
- Unconscious bias has been the subject of much media attention recently with the controversy around Starbucks. Michele is going to talk about our biases, where they might lie and their implications for employers
- 10:15-10:25 – Refreshment Break
- 10:25-10:45 – Q&A Panel
- 10:45-11:00 – Networking, one-to-one meetings
Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding Equality, Diversity, and Discrimination in the workplace for Business Owners, Managers, Human Resource, and personnel departments while connecting with other Professionals with similar responsibilities and challenges, through micro training, forum discussion, and connection to other HR Professionals.
There is plenty of free parking available at college. No parking permits are required. Delegates need to simply park and head to the main reception area (clearly visible from the carpark). Runshaw College is close to major motorway and rail networks, only 5 minutes from junction 8 of the M61 and 10 minutes from J28 of the M6.
Price: (Includes a light breakfast and refreshments)
Members: £20+ vat
Affiliate members: £25 + vat
Non-members: £30 + vat
To reserve your place, call 01253 347063 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org